About the job Mid-level Data Engineer
Company based in Cape Town but work done completely remote.
The primary focus of this position is to use technical skills to put software, systems and data together in a way that extracts meaningful insights from raw data. You will need to be helpful and supportive to your team and fellow developers. You join an energetic, focused and dynamic team.
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
● Interact with clients to understand requirements and business problems/needs.
● Identify, analyze, visualize and understand supporting data to propose solid solutions.
● Create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
● Support existing solutions within GCP and Oracle.
● Doing standby on a rotating basis
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
● The natural tendency to take ownership and responsibility
● Strong problem solving, critical thinking, effective planning and organizational skills
● Detail-oriented with excellent communication skills
● You have a can-do attitude and positive outlook on life
● Can cope under pressure
● Curious and interested in analyzing problems and possible solutions
● Strong team player
● Self-driven learner, passionate about new technology
● Above all, be passionate about what you do
●Preferred - Korn shell scripting, Python/Java, SQL, Agile
● Tertiary qualification in IT
● At least 3 years of Data warehouse ETL experience
● Dimensional Modelling
● Data analyses
● Experience with data visualization and visualization tools
● Understanding and experience with version control SVN/GIT
● Having a broad understanding of different SDLC’s
● Preferred cloud experience in AWS/AZURE/GCP
● Knowledge of the retail industry will be beneficial
**Please note : If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.