About the job Product Owner
A large retail chain based in Cape Town
Cape Town, but currently all work is conducted remotely
The primary focus of this position is to use data in a way that extracts meaningful insights from raw data.
You need to uncover and synthesize connections in data that are not always so clear. This will involve engaging with different clients to understand business problems/needs and deliver data insights.
By understanding the data value chain and retail acumen will help you to put everything into context. Being able to tell a compelling story is crucial to get your point across and keep your stakeholders engaged.
You will need to be helpful and supportive to your team and fellow developers.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
- Interact with clients to understand requirements and business problems/needs
- Identify, analyze, give input and understand supporting data to propose solid, quality solutions that add value
- Applies product and organizational knowledge
- Accountable for overall design implementation
- Communicate technical debt onto the backlog
- Accountable for the delivery of technical documentation done by the team members
- Accountable for Google Cloud Platform costs for IT
- Support existing solutions within Google Cloud Platform and Oracle
- Represent the team and provide technical input into cross-functional projects to manage the impact on the team
- Ensure team members are aware of the SDLC process
- Accountable for change controls
- Accountable for meeting agreed data product KPI’s
- Responsible for business-critical incident management
- Identify and ensure team members receive mentoring and training
- Responsible for the regular performance review of team members
- Accountable for team time logging
- Manage team budgets
- Logging of Jira tickets and dashboard monitoring
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Google Cloud Platform
- Dimensional modeling
- Data visualization
- Tertiary qualification in IT
- At least 10 years of IT experience
- At least 6 years of data warehouse experience
- Dimensional modelling
- Data analyses
- Experience with data visualization and visualization tool(s)
- Knowledge of the retail industry will be beneficial
- Having a broad understanding of different SDLC
- Preferred agile experience
- Google Cloud Platform experience
**Please note : If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.