About the job BI Tech Lead
- EE preferred but strong Non-EE candidates will be considered
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
- Design, document and communicate technical solutions that deliver on business requirements.
- Fulfill the role of subject matter expert on all technical aspects of BI products.
- Oversee all BI development / modelling activity incl. code reviews, issue resolution and general support.
- Develop technical standards and best practices.
- Identify opportunities to enhance and automate technical processes and solutions across BI projects and support operations.
- Support developers / modellers to develop data and analytical models.
- Form relationships and orchestrate delivery with key technical stakeholders across our business incl. solutions architects, data architects, business architects and compliance practitioners.
- Engage with technology vendors and external technical experts when conceptualising, designing or implementing technical solutions.
- Attend and present solutions at internal architecture forums.
- Designing (and assisting with design) of architecture used by specialists in solutions.
- Constant refinement to standardize and implement new functionality based on experience and lessons learnt.
- Designing and building reusable artefacts to improve speed of delivery and reliability of solutions.
- Identifying performance enhancements for BI and Integration solutions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of Kimball methodology, Teradata, Attunity, Cloudera and advanced visualisation technologies, solutions architecture and data management experience is preferred but not required.
- BSc Computer Science, or related qualification.
- 8 - 10 years lead developer / modeller experience in a BI environment.
- Experience with dimensional modelling.
- Experience with Extract Transform and Load processes (ETL).
- TOGAF certification will be advantageous.
- Exposure to SAP HANA.
**Please note: If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.