About the job Sales & Account Executive
A specialist data consultancy
The Sales & Account executive supports the Sales Director and is responsible for the growth of company revenue from the selling of a Company product. This role will also include Account Executive responsibilities such as the selling of solutions / services to new and existing customers. The role is also responsible for the development of sales plans and coordination of sales activities.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
- Develops leads and converts them into new business opportunities. Develops a clear understanding of the customer’s business requirements as well as the Company's service offering and positions the Company's Services in this context.
- Develops sales plans for new and existing strategic customers.
- Coordinates the writing of proposals and ensures the necessary QA and sign-off.
- Manages the sales cycle for new customers.
- Has a bearing on customer decisions and has solid relationships with key customer executives at high levels.
- Participates in pre-project activities, such as determining scope, formulating the approach to address the customer challenges, and writing proposals.
- Also plays the role of Account Executive - successfully engages and manages customer and partner accounts and ensures no accounts are lost due to relationship factors or competitive activities.
- Manages customer and partner-related documentation and administration including vendor onboarding and contract negotiation.
- Is responsible for gross profit margins on assigned projects.
- Builds a solid reputation and a network of relationships in the SAP market and positions as a solution provider in these markets.
Trends & Solution Design
- Assists in product and solution design and in the development of sales and marketing collateral.
- Provides input into / advises on value-adding solutions to address customer’s key priorities and adapts solutions as needed to changing customer and market demands.
- Uses customer feedback for developing future-oriented customer service strategies.
Meetings, Budgeting and Reporting
- Support the Sales Director in developing an annual sales plan with separate targets for various market segments and achieves objectives as agreed.
- Drives and manages sales meetings and sales discussions/decisions with the Sales Director.
- Manages and reports on sales activities and any variances to budget. Tracks, records and takes corrective action for minimizing lost sales.
- Achieves the allocated Sales budget quarterly and annually.
- This role reports to the Sales Director.
- This role has no direct reports.
- This role is based at Company offices in Johannesburg.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Can work independently.
- Take initiative.
- High level of emotional intelligence.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Great communication skills (written and verbal).
- Attention to detail.
- Good computer skills.
- Team player.
- Fast learner.
- Problem solver.
- Relevant qualification
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in a Sales/Business development role within a complex IT / ERP environment.
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience working with SAP.
- Budgeting experience.
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in data / data solutions.
- Previous experience in sales of ERP products.
**Please note : If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.