About the job Senior Oracle Analyst Programmer
A large retail chain based in Cape Town.
Cape Town (Hybrid working model)
The Analyst Programmers role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The role will leverage expertise to drive innovative solutions and contribute to the success of the projects. The ideal candidate will thrive in a challenging environment, possess strong analytical and programming skills, and have a proven track record in Oracle development. The role will require working in a dynamic, diverse, fast-paced, continually evolving, and results-driven environment.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
- Provide technical guidance and support to the product team
- Design high-level solutions and database tables
- Develop quality software solutions that delivers the expected results and value
- End-to-end delivery of the SDLC
- Help with day-to-day queries from business users and PIT teams
- First-line of support and/or standby when needed
- Regular and professional communication from junior levels to senior levels
- Prepares specifications and programs of a highly technical or complex nature with no assistance.
- Assists the team with the application or technical problems.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to liaise with the customer to define specifications on projects.
- Ability to do application design.
- Ability to lead junior staff members.
- Analytical mindset and logical thinker
- Strong mathematical and numerical aptitude
- Ability to play an influential technical role in the team
- Delivering the highest possible quality of work
- Positive and Proactive attitude
- Self-managed, and self-motivated
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions & adhere to standards and to work as part of a team
- Committed to excellent customer service
- Structured and strong planning capabilities
- Ability to multitask and handle pressure
- Linux / Autosys
- SVN /GIT
- Oracle Forms / Oracle ADF (optional)
- Java / Python / PHP (optional)
- Relevant tertiary IT qualification
- 8+ years experience in PL/SQL or SQL
- Advanced technical knowledge in all areas of application programming, system design, and update, storage, and retrieval methods.
**Please note: If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.