About the job Data Migration Consultant (SAP FICO)
A specialist data consultancy
Cape Town, but remote work is an option anywhere in South Africa
Migrate Data from Legacy systems (SAP and non-SAP) into the new SAP system. Part of the overall Migration Delivery for assigned areas / objects. Ensure accurate and complete migration of assigned data objects.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
- Define business logic and translate that into a migration framework.
- Specify the ETL process. Identify sources of data, define data objects in scope, their load sequence and best loading mechanism into SAP based on complexity and volumes.
- Identify different reconciliation and auditing techniques and when to apply which one.
- Assist legacy system owners and SMEs to identify data migration, field mapping, and transformation design requirements.
- Manage the development of the Data Migration Framework using the required toolsets (normally aligned with SAP Data Services RDS).
- Participate in pre-project activities, such as determining scope, and formulating the approach.
- Define Migration routines, audit logs and reports.
- Guide the customer in the importance of Data Readiness, data quality and data governance.
- Work with business teams to map data schemas between existing legacy systems to target systems and resolve issues of missing or mismatched data.
- Contribute and influence key data conversion design decisions.
- Conduct / oversee Functional Mapping preparation and workshops.
- Ensure completion of functional requirements and field mapping documentation for assigned data objects.
- Key deliverables include Data Source Definition Data Assessment and Mapping.
- Provide functional and technical support, defect management, and issue resolution during all testing cycles, including Mock Data Load cycles.
- Collaborate with business and partners and establish credibility. Coordinate between the technical teams, work stream leads, data domain leads, and SME's.
- Deliver all relevant project activities including documentation, testing, UAT, end user training and knowledge transfer.
- Operate independently and within a team. Set priorities appropriately, ensure that work outputs are timely and of the highest quality.
- Design and build Data Quality checks.
- Ensure adherence to prescribed processes and development standards.
- Prepare the design of the solution / rules and demonstrate data to support the findings and conclusions.
- Assess the Business requirement impact analysis and data lineage requirements that include the data quality process
- Determine data validation and assess if dashboards are required.
- Provide governance and final signature approval for all Data Conversion documentation for each data object.
- Interpret a Functional Spec and document a requirement in preparation for a Data Services Job build.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong knowledge of data conversion concepts (data cleansing, data mapping, Master and Transactional data).
- Deep knowledge of the SAP modules / data objects they are working with.
- Strong knowledge of underlying technical data structures for master data objects including tables and fields.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Understand the SAP RDS solution including SAP2APP, File2APP, Error reporting and Reconciliation.
- Understand data loading into an SAP module from a functional perspective.
- Awareness of the features and functionality of SAP SDI / SAP DS / SAP IS / LTMC.
- Strong customer relationship, leadership and guidance - comfortable accounting for deliverables in a high-profile project team.
Relevant degree or diploma
- Experience in data mapping with Excel, LSMW / Data Migration cockpit etc.
- Experience in ERP Data Migration projects.
- Must have an end-to-end knowledge of the Data Migration process including post migration governance and management of the data different reconciliation.
- Strong accounting background
- FICO Certification preferred but not required
- Industry knowledge and project lead experience preferable.
**Please note : If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.