About the job Senior Test Automation Engineer
Contract - Initial 6 months with high probability of extension.
A large financial services company based in Cape Town.
Cape Town ( Remote & On-site work required)
This position is responsible for developing and implementation of a Shift Left Test Automation Strategy and Approach as part of a collaborative Agile team.
This would include creating user stories, acceptance criteria, manual and automated test scenarios and test cases, CI/CD, test environment setup, test execution schedules and test reports in partnership with all stakeholders, developers, business analysts and project managers.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
• Review project specifications, requirements and other project related documentation.
• Creating test and test automation strategy, approach and plans.
• Responsible for the creation of automated test scripts and execution of these scripts with full traceability.
• Execution of functional, regression, and acceptance tests.
• Assists in test environment setup/teardown, test automation strategies, and exploratory testing.
• Oversees the creation and maintenance of test data and test documentation.
• Escalate issues and identify risks to be escalated for test planning.
• Training, coaching and mentoring existing team members.
• Assists in formulating QA standards and best practices, organizational policies and processes and strategic plans.
• Assists management in setting the direction for quality assurance within the organization.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
# Intermediary UI
- React (with: Redux, Formik & StyledComponents)
# Customer UI
- As above + Piral
# Gateways / BFFs
- .NET Core 5 WebAPI
- .NET Core 5 WebAPI
- Entity Framework
- Completed relevant degree/courses/certifications , or equivalent years of experience
• 10 years’ experience in automated testing and automated testing framework development in a web and mobile environment that includes:
• Evaluation of tools and technologies to integrate into the Automated Testing Framework (Selenium, Appium, Browserstack).
• Integration of Behaviour Driven Development into automated test creation (Specflow or similar).
• Automated Testing Reporting engine development and integration (Report Portal).
• Preparing and presenting various stakeholder reports on the status of Testing activities.
• Automation of scripts as part of Definition of Done.
• Defect identification and managing defect resolution with various stakeholders.
**Please note : If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.