About the job Senior Python Developer
A large retail chain based in Cape Town
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack developer with skills in Python and MySql. The candidate needs to lead and guide a team of 3 resources on their journey to cross train from an Oracle environment. The candidate will also need to take part in the development of the products. The first project is already well away and the team is doing great. There are multiple projects for the team. The first will be the development of a small and flexible in-house warehouse management system that may have commercial potential in the future. There are several transport-related projects to follow.
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
- Ensuring the web applications and components are accessible, responsive, performant, and bug-free for recent versions of web browsers across all popular platforms;
- Ensuring all code is readable, well documented, and testable;
- Working on new developments migrating from legacy systems and some support activities.
- Support and drive the team to design, build, implement and maintain applications
- Write strong code that will be at the core of the offering
- Focus on quality with continuous integration and deployment
- Create testing strategies
- Participate in a wholesome approach to product development
- Drive the architecture, product backlog, and timelines
- Be a core member of a close-knit engineering team that ships code continuously
- Familiarity with Python, Django, Angular, and MySql
- Experience of CI/CD release cycles
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Collaborate with the team and other stakeholders
- Be a core member of a close-knit engineering team that ships code continuously.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues
- A minimum 3-year tertiary qualification from an accredited university, either in Commerce or Computer Sciences
- At least 1 year experience in a team lead/leadership position
- +-6 years' development experience required
- Experience deploying and maintaining continuous integration and deployment
- Experience with server-side development and deployment
- Good handle on testing strategies: Integration vs. Unit, mocking tools and strategies, continuous integration, etc
- Strong understanding of systems design and implementation
**Please note : If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.