About the job Automation Engineer
● Cape Town
The Automation Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and go-to market of the various software products.
Our client works in a very agile process using Kanban to manage the flow of work. They are faced with challenging problems on a regular basis, so problem solving skills are a must.
Automation forms a key part of our client’s strategy to deliver high quality software in a fast-paced market. The Automation Engineer role supports product development and delivery by implementing and maintaining automation using modern continuous integration and automated testing approaches.
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
· Ownership of all automation tests, scripts, builds and pipelines. A key measure of success is the successful execution of these.
· Ownership of all automation frameworks and artefacts.
· Responsible for detailed and summarised reporting of all automation processes and builds.
· Required to implement effective manual test strategies where automation is not possible.
· Design automation tests in a way to maximise defect identification.
· Identifying and logging defects.
· Participating in an Agile development process as projects require.
· Collaborating with the team to continually improve the product and delivery processes.
· Create automated tests and contribute towards a sophisticated continuous integration system.
Quality focus throughout the delivery cycle.
· Enable customers and the client’ service organization by actively engaging on IM client channels (Skype, Webex Teams, and Microsoft Teams etc.).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· At least 3 years of experience working with modern continuous integration and automated
· testing practices
· At least 3 years of experience doing basic development.
· Must be able to work across the full technology stack i.e. frontend and backend.
● Required skills
o Linux command line basics and Bash scripting
o Python basic scripting
o Jenkins configuration and pipelines
o Protractor / Cypress or similar
o REST API Integration and testing
● Preferred skills
● Keen problem-solving ability
● Motivated, self-starter
● Fast learner
● Excellent communication skills
● Ability to work across technology stacks
● Completed relevant programming / automation courses, certifications, or degrees.
**Please note: If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.