Job Openings Cook
About the job Cook
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Preparation of dishes / food preparations requiring advanced culinary skills in any section of a kitchen operation.
- Preparing dishes at an advanced level.
- To be able to work in any section of a kitchen.
- Solid food knowledge
- Must be able independently to read, understand and follow recipes
- Must have a confirmed culinary background from international brand hotel.
- Must be proficient in effecting tasks, work efficiently and productive.
- Must have advanced knife handling skills.
- Be cost conscious and avoid wastage.
- Must be able to take over an Asst CDP position at any given time (with the necessary training).
- Prepare food items as per recipes and instructions received from his / her supervisor with the minimum supervision.
- Will work in any section assigned by the Executive Chef, the section can change at any given time for training purposes and / or in convenience to the operation.
- Must be able to taste dishes, differs taste and if adjustments need to be made.
- Duties include immaculate cleanliness of his / her working station at all time.
- Required to have basic USPH knowledge and comply with it at any given time.
- Must be familiar with Ships Rules and Regulations (SMS) and participate in all Drills required (Safety / Security).
PERSONALITY AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a pleasant and courteous personality.
- Minimum age should be twenty-two (22) years old. Physically fit and in good health, without any previous record of any medical problems, drugs and alcoholism.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs (30 Kilos) on a daily basis and able to work a minimum of ten hours per day, seven days a week.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Standard High School Education. Requires a minimum of four years in the profession (Quality Hotels or Restaurants).
- Must be able to read and speak English clearly in order to interpret documents such as recipes and manuals. Other languages are considered a plus.
- Must be a serious professional and take great pride in his work. Adherence to the Companys Rules and Regulations is a must for his success on the job.
- Working for the world's best Cruise Line company
- Excellent salary in US Dollars
- Great benefits