About the job Video Technician
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for setting up, running, and maintaining video equipment for all entertainment venues ship wide.
- Professional Skills
- Sets up and operates video equipment for assigned shows.
- Programs show control computer during technical rehearsals as assigned.
- Performs equipment check before each show.
- Ensures that show set-up is complete and exact.
- Ensures that design integrity and performance quality are maintained through the run of the shows.
- Switches video sources as necessary.
- Can terminate a wide range of A/V and data connectors.
- Maintains a show report log for each performance.
- Assists with the maintenance of video equipment.
- Communicates in a clear, concise and timely manner with Stage Manager and other departments.
- Is on time for all set-ups, show call, meetings and work calls.
- Maintains cleanliness and order in all sound areas.
- Participates in special events by assisting with video needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Cruise Director, Assistant Cruise Director, Stage Manager, and Audio Designer.
- Performs in a manner consistent with VOCs Mission, Values and Vision, including a commitment to diversity and inclusion. Guest Excellence
- Maintain, uphold and execute the Viking quality and Service Standards
- Monitor guest satisfaction and report issues, concerns and suggestions
- Bachelors degree with a concentration in technical theatre is preferred but not required. Equivalency of experience, training and education in video playback and projection systems will be considered in lieu of degree
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience in which strong knowledge of video (specifically projection front and rear, as well as and large format LED displays) and basic show control programming have been applied is required
- Prefer previous ship experience
- Well organized and administratively apt
- Commitment to Safety and Security programs
- Basic machines / hand tools. Various projectors, video displays, servers, switchers routers and control system components.
- Computer skills PC/MAC, Watchout and other software as it becomes available.
- Well groomed
- Understand guest needs
- Time Management
- Teamwork and good communication
- Strong command of English
- Reliable and pressure resistant
- Proactive in upholding Viking standards of excellence
- Enthusiastic crew member
- Must have the ability to stand, kneel or crouch for long periods of time.
- Must have the ability to climb ladders and scaffolding.
- Must have the ability to negotiate catwalks and access all points in all theatre spaces.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 70 pounds
A qualified professional video technician with the ability to work within a team structure as well as independently. Able to maintain a positive work atmosphere
- Working for the world's best Cruise Line company
- Excellent salary in US Dollars
- Great benefits