About the job Chef De Partie
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To run a main section independently with as little supervision as possible). Must have in-depth knowledge of all sections within the hot and cold kitchen. A CDP must display strong leadership skills and the ability to train and coach subordinates. The CDP position is the link between the Galley Management and all other lower position in a Galley Operation. The position is a very important key role and is fully supported by middle management in all areas.
Responsible for leading and supporting a multi cultural team of Galley personnel, ensuring the highest level of crew satisfaction and productivity.
- Fully responsible for a main section and its entire food production. Follow set recipes, dish guidelines and maintain economical work practices.
- Must be able to work efficiently in all main sections.
- Must be able to work in and as part of a team, giving support to colleagues whenever needed (Regardless at which level).
- Maintain safe work practices in the area of responsibility and comply with USPH Regulations. Follow the Clean as you go rule and ensure fluent communication with the Kitchen Steward if additional cleaning is required during the food preparation periods.
- The CDP must bring forward any suggestions and ideas for improvement to the galley team as a whole; this includes identifying training needs and operational issues should they arise.
- Ensure economical food production, being food cost conscious and minimize/avoid food wastage.
- Responsible for the development/progress of all staff working in their section.
- Coordinate/supervise all personnel assigned to their section distributing job allocation accordingly.
- Training and development of subordinates at their station.
- Undertake recipe review on a daily basis and/or if additionally requested by the Executive Chef/Outlet Chef and maintain the recipe folders (containing all recipes in immaculate condition) of the section.
- Prepare daily electronic food requisitions by counterchecking merchandise in galley stores to avoid overstocking and wastage of items.
- Must be familiar with working hours policies and procedures and control and monitor working hours of all personnel assigned to their section.
- Responsible to fulfill any request within the area of responsibility received from the direct supervisor and/or manager on duty that may arise with short notice due to special functions, itinerary changes and/or other unforeseen changes.
- Responsible for communicating the status of their section in terms of food production, equipment, maintenance, performance of staff or any other topics related to the section to the Immediate Supervisor / Executive Chef.
- Responsible for the quality and presentation of food during preparation and service hours. Responsible for the entire service line at his/her section during meal hours in terms of freshness, quality and refilling of food items.
- Preparing food samples whenever the Executive Chef deems necessary (show plates, tasting, recipe Trials etc).
- Ensure proper storage of food items according to USPH regulations in his/her area of responsibility.
- Must ensure that HACCP is applied accordingly.
- Fully responsible for the cleanliness of their work station according to USPH regulation, ensuring clean as you go working habits.
- Attend the daily Chefs Morning Meeting to discuss forecast figures and the day-to-day Operation/activities.
- Countercheck daily deliveries from the Storeroom of its accuracy, report any discrepancies to an immediate supervisor.
- Must be familiar with the galley layout in terms of safety and security, must have a full understanding of ship rules/regulations (SMS) and participate in all required Safety Drills/Training.
- Personality and Appearance: Must have a pleasant and courteous personality. Must be well groomed and presentable.
- Health: Must be physically fit and in good health, without any previous record of any medical problems, drugs and alcoholism. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs (30 Kilos) on a daily basis and able to work a minimum of eleven hours per day, seven days a week.
- Professional Experience and Education: Standard High School Education. Requires a minimum of eight years in the profession (Quality Hotels or equivalently rated Restaurants). Must have extensive European culinary training and able to be a leader and motivate their team.
- Communication and Language Skills: Must be able to read and speak English clearly in order to interpret and orate documents such as recipes and manuals. Other languages are considered a plus.
- Work Ethic: Must be a serious professional and take pride in their work. Adherence to Company Rules and Regulations is a must for success in the job.
- Working for the world's best Cruise Line company
- Excellent salary in US Dollars
- Great benefits