About the job Stage Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The supervision and management of onboard technical team to ensure onboard technical equipment is of a high standard for all entertainment venues shipwide.
- Sets up and operates sound equipment for assigned shows
- Sets up backline equipment and instrument microphones.
- Programs sound computer/console during technical rehearsals as assigned.
- Performs speaker/equipment check before each show.
- Ensures that show set-up is complete and exact.
- Ensures that design integrity and performance quality are maintained through the run of the shows.
- Is ready to mic an actor wirelessly if the need arises.
- Management and scheduling of Technical team
- Liaises with cast Company manger to decide on appropriate rehearsal times
- Maintains a show report log for each performance.
- Assists with the maintenance of audio equipment.
- Wires special sound projects.
- Hangs/rigs speakers in all theatres.
- Communicates in a clear, concise and timely manner with Stage Manager and other departments.
- Possesses the ability to trouble shoot and communicate to provide information to resolve issues.
- Has organizational and operational skills including inventory, scheduling, maintenance,
- cleaning, storage, distribution and coordination.
- Is on time for all set-ups, show call, meetings and work calls.
- Maintains cleanliness and order in all sound areas.
- Participates in special events by assisting with sound needs
- Sends a voyage report to the Cruise Director of any technical issues in any of the venues onboard or areas that require attention
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Cruise Director and Assistant Cruise Director
- Performs in a manner consistent with VOCs Mission, Values and Vision, including a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Maintain, uphold and execute the Viking quality and Service Standards
- Monitor guest satisfaction and report issues, concerns and suggestions
MINDSET AND VALUES
- Be well groomed and of positive personality, skilled as a technician
- Adhere to schedules, and is always mindful of being set up and ready for all duties
COMMUNICATION AND COORDINATION
- Report directly to the Cruise Director, checking daily schedules
- Own the working environment and deliver consistent guest satisfaction
- Suggest innovative ideas to keep the role fresh, creative and interesting
Manages the Technical team
- Schedules the Technical team so as to cover all entertainment needs for the ship, keeping within the set work and rest hours
- A qualified professional technician with the ability to work within a team structure as well as independently.
- Able to maintain a positive work atmosphere. Able to confidently manage a team and meet all deadlines.
- Working for the best Cruise Line company in the world
- Excellent salary in US Dollars
- Great benefits