About the job Wine Steward
The right candidate must have extensive knowledge in wine and beverages, with international experience preferred. All candidates must be WSET qualified.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Wine Steward supports the food & beverage (F&B) operations at all times, in accordance with Vikings STAR Service Standards.
It is your duty to ensure that glassware, equipment, utensils and products, in your assigned area, are maintained and exceptionally clean.
It is your responsibility to create a friendly, guest-orientated service culture to ensure Guest satisfaction and repeat business, which in turn, will increase revenue and profitability of the company.
- Maintain in depth knowledge of all Bar Menus in order to deliver exceptional STAR Service, at all times;ensure that all Guests are charged according to company standards and account procedures, should Guests be incorrectly charged, ensure to advise the supervisor on duty.
- Conduct daily wine presentations, in conjunction with the Executive Chef & Sommelier for all restaurant outlets; serve beverages during meal periods, as instructed by the relevant Supervisors, following safe company alcohol serving policies; assist and support Waiters during service; conduct wine tastings as well as partake in any shoreside excursions relating to wine, as requested.
- Keep and store all Bar and Cellar Inventory Stock, in accordance with set par-levels, adhering to all Public Health Policies.
- Follow service procedures according to Standard Operating Procedures, Departmental Service Standards and all applicable Public Health Polices.
- Prepare and operate F&B activities in all outlets, this includes but is not limited to beverage outlets; ensure all F&B activities are prepared and executed, according to company standards.
- Minimize equipment loss/damage, and maintain immaculate cleanliness standards in relevant areas, by applying safe working policies and procedures, according to all Public Health Policies, and ensuring that all equipment is sanitized and returned accordingly, after each use.
- Ensure mise-en-place for all areas of responsibility are prepared 15 minutes prior to service.
- Participate in The Daily Reunion every day to understand your teams operational needs and to ensure consistent adherence to Vikings STAR Service Standards.
- Provide the highest level of comfort and sales-oriented service to Guests and consistently maintain an
- impeccable standard of cleanliness and hygiene in assigned areas, as per Vikings STAR Service Standards and all Public Health Policies; proactively prepare service according to Guest flow, embarkation & disembarkation, sea day activities & other activities.
- Ensure you always wear the appropriate and task specific Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for your duties onboard. Always use correct lifting techniques to prevent injuries.
- Uphold impeccable grooming standards at all times by complying with Vikings Image and Uniform Standards.
- Ensure that company property is appropriately secured and protected, especially during rough weather conditions, in order to prevent unnecessary loss or damage.
- Have strong motivation to achieve the company goals and objectives (quality and financial) for the Bar Department.
- Have full knowledge about safety & security procedures and can operate in line with all Public Health, Environmental and Safety & Security Policies; participate in all training concerning onboard
- training, safety & security, fire prevention, evacuation exercises as required by the company.
- Assist in other departments and/or perform additional duties, upon instruction from supervisors.
- This document describes the primary activities, duties and responsibilities of this position. Your manager or supervisor may assign additional duties and responsibilities to you.
- A required minimum of 2 years experience as a Wine Steward or similar position, within an International 5 Star hospitality and/or restaurant environment; must demonstrate the ability to work independently.
- Must be a minimum age of twenty-one (21) years old; physically fit and in good health; must be able to carry heavy items and stand, kneel and bend for prolonged periods of time.
- Fluent in English - must have excellent English communication skills to clearly communicate to the Bar Team and Guests.
- Must be flexible, stress resistant, and a committed team player with an exceptional work ethic.
- Guest-focused, service-oriented, positive personality, professional appearance and impeccable hygiene standards, with excellent knowledge of all sanitary standards are required.
- Working for the world's best Cruise Line company
- Excellent salary in US Dollars
- Great benefits