Job Openings Lighting Technician
About the job Lighting Technician
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- The Lighting Technician sets up, runs and maintains the lighting equipment for all entertainment areas on the ship.
- It is your responsibility to create a friendly, guest-oriented service culture to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business, which in turn, will increase revenue and profitability of the company.
- Rig, circuit and focus lighting for assigned shows.
- Program the lighting computer/console during technical rehearsals, as assigned.
- Perform fixture/circuit checks before each show, to ensure that the show set-up is complete and set out, as per company policy and procedures.
- Operate manual and computer-controlled lighting systems, during shows.
- Ensure that the design integrity and performance quality are maintained through show runs.
- Operate follow-spot, when necessary.
- Maintain a show report log for each performance.
- Communicate in a clear, concise and timely manner with the Stage Manager and other departments.
- Participate in special events by assisting with sound needs; maintain and perform minor to moderate repairs to lightening equipment inventory
- Inspect and maintain all overhead riggings in the entertainment venues onboard the ship.
- Maintain cleanliness and order in all light areas, in accordance with all Public Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Attend all show set-ups, show calls and meetings, in a timely manner.
- Provide the highest level of comfort and service to guests, as per Vikings STAR Service Standards and all Public Health Policies.
- Participate in The Daily Reunion every day to understand your teams operational needs and to ensure consistent adherence to Vikings STAR Service Standards.
- Ensure you always wear the appropriate and task specific Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as
- required for your duties onboard. Always use correct lifting techniques to prevent injuries.
- Uphold impeccable grooming standards at all times by complying with Vikings Image and Uniform
- Ensure that company property is appropriately secured and protected, especially during rough weather conditions, in order to prevent unnecessary loss or damage.
- Demonstrate outstanding flexibility: must be able to work at different times of the day, under pressure and reflect a positive can-do attitude and the best image of Viking at all times.
- Become knowledgeable about itinerary-related ports of call, shore excursions and shipboard activities such as events, entertainment and programs.
- Have strong motivation to achieve the company goals and objectives (quality and financial) for the Entertainment Department.
- Have full knowledge about safety & security procedures and can operate in line with all Public Health,
- Environmental and Safety & Security Policies; participate in all training concerning onboard training, safety & security, fire prevention, evacuation exercises as required by the company.
- Perform additional duties, upon instruction from the Cruise Director, Assistant Cruise Director, Stage Manager and Audio Designer.
- This document describes the primary activities, duties and responsibilities of this position. Your manager or supervisor may assign additional duties and responsibilities to you.
- Proven experience in the use of lighting equipment for and during live events, in which DMX Control Systems and advanced wiring skills have been applied, are required; shipboard experience is preferred.
- A Bachelors Degree, that focuses on technical theater, is preferred.
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle basic machinery, hand tools and various control consoles including MARTIN M1, GrandMa, lighting fixtures (LED and automated), fog machines, laser emitters, spotlights, and strobes.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds, stand, kneel or crouch for long period of time, and to climb up ladders and scaffolding, is required.
- Must be able to navigate catwalks and access all points in all theater spaces.
- Fluent in English - must be able to address any kind of information in an adequate manner with excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Flexible, stress resistant, committed team player and exceptional work ethic is required; must demonstrate the ability to work independently.
- Strong administration skills are preferred and must be proficient with PC based databases, spread sheets, and word processing systems.
- Guest-focused, service-oriented, positive personality, professional appearance, and impeccable hygiene standards, with excellent knowledge of all Public Health and Safety Policies are required.
- Working for the best Cruise Line company in the world
- Excellent salary in US Dollars
- Great benefits