About the job Content Copy Editor
We are seeking a motivated and savvy copy editor to oversee our content editing needs in a fast-paced work environment. You will work with the production team and designers to curate compelling and accurate content for our company. Your primary duties will include following a content strategy, proofreading, fact-checking, and editing content to make sure grammar, syntax, and punctuation are used correctly and style guides are followed. You will also help restructure copy to create better flow and clarity for audiences and ensure that writing tone and voice match company branding requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and revise content for accuracy and quality, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
- Communicate and work with the production team to ensure that content is published in a timely manner.
- Ensure correct tone, voice, clarity, flow, and structure of content.
- Ensure that content adheres to the in-house style guide.
- Write blurbs, ledes, headlines, and straplines.
- Compile and update style guides as required.
- Ability to manage projects and consistently meet deadlines.
- Stay abreast of the latest media trends and content best practices.
- College-level fluent in American English.
- Experiencing in publishing and/or editing preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Leadership and time management skills.
- Proficient in desktop publishing software and Microsoft Office.