About the job Chinese to English Translator
We are seeking proactive Chinese Translators who share our passion for eastern literature. You will be the focal point for carrying out our company's mission and working on fun projects from our growing library of content. Supported by a cross-functional and highly cooperative team of motivated individuals, you will be in charge of transforming your given manuscripts from their original language into English, in tone as in context. Your core responsibility is to ensure the smooth transition between languages in a way that leaves our readers no room for confusion through your extensive colloquial and cultural knowledge of both source and target languages.
To be successful in this role, applicants should have a keen eye for detail and a knack for creative writing in order not to leave room for literal translation and to properly transmit the author's intent.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read the given material and convert the text to comprehensible English, conveying the entire author's intent.
- Ensure translated content conveys original meaning and tone.
- Cross-reference specialized dictionaries and set standards on domain-specific terms.
- Review the finished work enough times to ensure all is in good order before submitting.
- Develop and maintain linguistic assets to establish quality standards and advise on using genre-specific terminology.
- Work closely with the editorial team to make sure all translated texts conform to grammar, spelling, and punctuation accuracy.
- Advanced or native fluency in both Chinese and English with an excellent grasp of the nuances of both languages.
- Previous experience as a translator, interpreter, or similar role is preferable but not strictly required.
- Time-management skills and availability to communicate with the staff at large at a reasonable frequency.
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and compromise with others with regard to different viewpoints.
- High attentiveness and attention to detail.
- Strong sense of self-accountability and commitment to upholding company values and regulations.