About the job Data Management Consultant
Job Title: Data Management Consultant
Reporting To: Data Management Team Lead
Closing Date for Applications: 3 November 2019, 23:59 (GMT)
** To be considered for a role with the World Scout Moot 2021, you must submit a Letter of Good Standing issued by your National Scout Organisation (NSO) with your CV. Please refer to this link for more information and a template that you can provide to your NSO. **
Any questions about this role, including queries on the Letter of Good Standing can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Role:The WSM 2021 Information Management Team is recruiting a data management consultant to support the Data Management sub-team in procuring, developing, and maintaining the Moot’s Data Management systems.
This role is ideal for motivated, enthusiastic individuals who are organised, diligent, and work well in a team environment.
The Data Management Consultant will report directly to the Data Management Team Lead.
What does the role involve?
· Work with the Data Management team to understand the database requirements, and procure a suitable and cost-effective solution on-time and within budget;
· Support the development and maintenance of relevant policies and training; and
· Partner with all key business areas, in particular the IT team and the Data Protection team, to ensure databases are integrated with the Moot systems in an efficient and secure manner.
Is this the right role for you?
This is for you if you:
· Have a good understanding of databases, database management, and database security;
· Understand the types of data collected during the running of a largescale event; and
· Would like to learn more and be a part of an international event.
We are looking for someone who:
· Demonstrates knowledge of data management, including where necessary, building bespoke database solutions to meet the Moot’s needs;
· Has a good understanding of the GDPR and the implications that it, and any other relevant legislation, has on collecting, storing, and using data;
· Strong attention to detail;
· Has experience working with Microsoft Office 365;
· Is self-motivated and highly organised; and
· Works well in a team.
· This role will require a moderate investment in time, particularly as the World Scout Moot 2021 draws nearer.
· The role will run until approximately December 2021, with workload peaking in Jan – Jun 2021.
· The WSM2021 team understand that this is a voluntary role and will be able to accommodate any changes in personal and/or professional circumstances.
Terms of appointment:
This is a voluntary unremunerated role. Reasonable expenses in line with Scouting Ireland and/or World Organisation of the Scout Movement (whichever is more relevant) expenses policies will be paid.