About the job Head of Programme
Job Title: Head of Programme
Reporting To: Core Team
Closing Date for Applications: 1 November 2019 23:59 (GMT)
** To be considered for a role with the World Scout Moot 2021, you must submit a Letter of Good Standing issued by your National Scout Organisation (NSO) with your CV. Please refer to this link for more information and a template that you can provide to your NSO. **
Any questions about this role, including queries on the Letter of Good Standing can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Role:
The WSM 2021 Core Team are recruiting for the position of Head of Programme, responsible for the design, development and delivery of the Moot programme. This is a department head position within the WSM 2021 Planning Team, although training, support and mentoring will be provided – we want to focus on developing skills and people in a voluntary capacity.
This role is ideal for a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual who is able to work with & motivate others in a fun, team environment.
What does the role involve?
- Developing the programme elements, on top of the existing Moot model, to provide a unique Irish experience to Moot participants
- Ensuring a high quality, varied programme is delivered through the design of a consistent, complementary framework that can be applied across multiple elements
- Planning and oversight of the logistics of putting the programme elements in place and ensuring they can be provided for participants during the Moot
- Recruitment, development and training a team within programme department
- Developing each of the programme elements which include - the trail based programme, the base camp programme, The Dublin Experience, events and ceremonies
Is this the right role for you?
- Want to develop your skills in designing, planning, and implementing a programme for a significant-sized event.
- Want to work as part of a team to ensure the delivery of the greatest World Scout Moot in the history of the event!
- Want to develop people from across WOSM to ensure a lasting legacy from WSM 2021
- Have previous experience working in cross-functional teams with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Can deal with multiple tasks and deadlines in an organised and efficient way
- Are an excellent communicator and able to communicate with a variety of stakeholders
- Are able to make decisions while considering all perspectives
- Are willing to take on further training for the role on an ongoing basis, as may be required
- Have a sound overall knowledge both of WOSM and World Scout Moot structures?
- Are a positive person who can work well under pressure and remain resilient in challenging circumstances
- Have an infectious enthusiasm that can instil excitement in others
- Enjoys working with people to find solutions for the benefit of others?
- Would be fully committed to seeing WSM 2021 project through to the delivery phase by ensuring appropriate resources are put in place to facilitate same
- Are a member of a WOSM NSO/NSA and are committed to your Scout Promise & Law
- Have sufficient time available for the role
We are looking for someone who:
Is actively involved in programme delivery
Has organised or been on a team that has delivered large programme events
Has leadership experience?
Has a broad knowledge of scout programming, particularly related to Rover Scouting?
- Has a broad knowledge of the Sustainable Development Goals and global issues facing young people today
Is skilled in the area of forward planning and can use their own initiative?
Can lead and motivate a team, ensuring all members are working towards the same plan
The demands on the Head of Programme are significant (throughout preparation, the event itself, and then post-event evaluation and reporting). It is expected that you would not take on any other major or time-demanding volunteer roles during your time as a member of the planning team.
Terms of appointment:
This is a voluntary unremunerated role. However, reasonable expenses in line with the Scouting Ireland & World Organisation of the Scout Movement (whichever is the most relevant) expenses policies will be paid.