About the job Data Security & Protection Team Lead
Job Title: Data Security & Protection Team Lead
Reporting To: Head of Information Management
Closing Date for Applications: 3 November 2019, 23:59 (GMT)
** To be considered for a role with the World Scout Moot 2021, you must submit a Letter of Good Standing issued by your National Scout Organisation (NSO) with your CV. Please refer to this link for more information and a template that you can provide to your NSO. **
Any questions about this role, including queries on the Letter of Good Standing can be directed to: email@example.com.
About the Role:The WSM 2021 Information Management Team is recruiting Head of Data Security and Protection to lead a sub-team focused on ensuring that the World Scout Moot 2021 complies with all relevant data protection legislation, and international best practice.
This role is ideal for motivated, enthusiastic individuals who are organised, diligent, and work well in a team environment.
The Data Security and Protection Team Lead will answer directly to the Head of Information Management, and once appointed will have an opportunity to expand the team in consultation with the Head of Information Management, and with approval from the Core Team.
What does the role involve?
· Keep under constant review all the Moot’s global data protection compliance arrangements to include updating policies and guidance, centralising processes, and working with Scouting Ireland as required;
· Develop and maintain relevant internal data privacy policies and training;
· Inform and advise the Moot on the Global Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and its requirements, liaising with local support as required;
· Serving as a subject matter expert and developing and implementing a robust compliance plan;
· Partner with all key business areas, in particular the IT team, to ensure data privacy issues are considered at the outset of new projects and initiatives;
· Handle enquiries and issues relating to data privacy practices, withdrawal of consent, the right to be forgotten, and related rights; and
· Monitor the industry landscape to keep visibility on evolutions, trends, and best practices related to Data Privacy.
Is this the right role for you?
This is for you if you:
· Have a strong understanding of international data protection best practices;
· Understand the types of data collected during the running of a largescale event;
· Want to develop your leadership skills; and
· Would like to learn more and be a part of an international event.
We are looking for someone who:
· Demonstrates deep knowledge of data privacy, data handling and data classification;
· Demonstrates experience of managing data privacy issues in a largescale event;
· Has expertise in global and European data protection laws and practices and an in-depth understanding of the GDPR;
· Can conduct data privacy compliance reviews and audits;
· Can develop awareness and communications at all levels within the Moot;
· Can to review, analyse and organise documentary and factual evidence;
· Has a strong attention to detail;
· Has experience working on large (provincial, national, or international) events;
· Has experience working with Microsoft Office 365;
· Is self-motivated and highly organised; and
· Works well in a team.
· This role will require a moderate investment in time, particularly as the World Scout Moot 2021 draws nearer.
· The role will run until approximately December 2021, with workload peaking in Jan – Jun 2021.
· The WSM2021 team understand that this is a voluntary role and will be able to accommodate any changes in personal and/or professional circumstances.
Terms of appointment:
This is a voluntary unremunerated role. However, reasonable expenses in line with the Scouting Ireland & World Organisation of the Scout Movement (whichever is the most relevant) expenses policies will be paid.