About the job Data Protection Specialist
Job Title: Data Protection Specialist
Reporting To: Data Security & Protection Team Lead
Closing Date for Applications: 3 November 2019, 23:59 (GMT)
** To be considered for a role with the World Scout Moot 2021, you must submit a Letter of Good Standing issued by your National Scout Organisation (NSO) with your CV. Please refer to this link for more information and a template that you can provide to your NSO. **
Any questions about this role, including queries on the Letter of Good Standing can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Role:The WSM 2021 Information Management Team is recruiting a Data Protection Specialist to support a sub-team focused on ensuring that the World Scout Moot 2021 complies with all relevant data protection legislation, and international best practice.
This role is ideal for motivated, enthusiastic individuals who are organised, diligent, and work well in a team environment.
The Data Protection Specialist will report directly to the Data Security and Protection Team Lead.
What does the role involve?
· Support the development and maintenance of relevant internal data privacy policies and training;
· Work with the Head of Data Security and Protection to ensure that the Moot is fully updated on Global Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and its requirements, liaising with local support as required;
· Working in partnership with all key business areas, in particular the IT team, to ensure data privacy issues are considered at the outset of new projects and initiatives; and
· Handle enquiries and issues relating to data privacy practices, withdrawal of consent, the right to be forgotten, and related rights.
Is this the right role for you?
This is for you if you:
· Have a strong understanding of international data protection best practices;
· Understand the types of data collected during the running of a largescale event; and
· Would like to learn more and be a part of an international event.
We are looking for someone who:
· Demonstrates good knowledge of data privacy, data handling and data classification;
· Demonstrates experience of managing data privacy issues in a largescale event;
· Has expertise in global and European data protection laws and practices and an in-depth understanding of the GDPR;
· Can conduct data privacy compliance reviews and audits;
· Can support the awareness and communications of data protection at all levels within the Moot;
· Has a strong attention to detail;
· Has experience working on large (provincial, national, or international) events;
· Has experience working with Microsoft Office 365;
· Is self-motivated and highly organised; and
· Works well in a team.
· This role will require a moderate investment in time, particularly as the World Scout Moot 2021 draws nearer.
· The role will run until approximately December 2021, with workload peaking in Jan – Jun 2021.
· The WSM2021 team understand that this is a voluntary role and will be able to accommodate any changes in personal and/or professional circumstances.
Terms of appointment:
This is a voluntary unremunerated role. Reasonable expenses in line with Scouting Ireland and/or World Organisation of the Scout Movement (whichever is more relevant) expenses policies will be paid.