About the job Director of Government Services
Interested in building a new generation of GNSS satellites at the speed of new space?
GNSS (GPS) creates upwards of $500B in economic value in the US every year, supporting everything from consumer applications, to transportation systems, to time synchronization for critical infrastructure. As these industries progress towards autonomy the performance and security demands of their navigation systems are increasing beyond what GNSS can support, leaving a need for a cost-effective global solution.
Using lessons we've learned at places like SpaceX and Blue Origin, Xona is constructing a modern satellite network at the rapid pace of the new space industry leveraging the recent wave of technology and regulatory advancements. Building on our patent pending small satellite architecture, we are developing a robust and accurate service that is an independent alternative to GNSS rather than a correction, solving the longstanding challenge of obtaining a reliable high-accuracy positioning solution globally. Our satellite system will provide the first ever high-accuracy global navigation and timing services with the security and resilience modern applications need to operate safely at scale.
At Xona you will develop state-of-the-art hardware and software solutions to solve real problems that can have a massive world impact. Xona is driven by the mission to enable modern devices to operate safely in any environment, anywhere on Earth, and unlock the true potential of the age of autonomy.
Xona is looking for a Director of Government Services to join us! You will lead the strategy and execution on US government business by establishing and managing relationships with key government agencies, advocacy groups, and government contractors. You will also support writing and negotiating grant and contract proposals for the US government and related enterprises. You will also execute presentations to mid and senior level officials and represent Xona at business conferences.
Desired Qualifications (not all are expected):
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience closing large contracts and/or grants
- Experience with proposal writing
- Experience managing technical programs
- Security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years experience in sales to US government entities (B2G) and/or major prime contractors
- Experience in selling new technology and/or data services
- Understanding of US government contract vehicles (e.g. SBIRs, OTAs, IDIQs, BAAs)
- Understanding of US government acquisitions process
- Willingness to learn
- To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e. Green Card holder), or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).