About the job Spacecraft Software Engineer
Interested in building a new generation of GNSS satellites at the speed of new space?
GNSS (GPS) creates upwards of $500B in economic value in the US every year, supporting everything from consumer applications, to transportation systems, to time sync for critical infrastructure. As these industries progress towards autonomy the performance and security demands of their navigation systems are increasing beyond what GNSS can support, leaving a need for a cost-effective global solution.
Using lessons we've learned at places like SpaceX and Blue Origin, Xona is constructing a modern satellite network at the rapid pace of the new space industry leveraging the recent wave of technology and regulatory advancements. Building on our patent pending small satellite architecture, we are developing a robust and accurate service that is an independent alternative to GNSS rather than a correction, solving the longstanding challenge of obtaining a reliable high accuracy solution from the very fragile GNSS signals. Our satellite system will provide the first ever high-accuracy global navigation and timing services with the security and resilience modern applications need to operate safely at scale.
At Xona you will develop state-of-the-art hardware and software solutions to solve real problems that can have a massive world impact. Xona is driven by the mission to enable modern devices to operate safely in any environment, anywhere on Earth, and unlock the true potential of the age of autonomy.
Xona is looking for a Contract Software Engineer specializing in payload flight software. You'll contribute to the software development and integration of hardware and software elements of our space-bound payload! You will use an Agile development process to iteratively develop requirements, designs, code, unit tests, and documentation to support and deploy a constellation of next-generation satellites.
- 2-3 years experience developing software which meets functional safety and/or space flight requirements using real world sensor data. Space experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency with modern C++ (C++11 and up) and Python, as well as working in an embedded environment
- All candidates must be either a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) due to U.S. export control regulations.
Desired Qualifications (not all are expected)
- Bachelors degree or technical diploma in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or a relevant field
- Working knowledge Linux command line tools, utilities, system admin tools, and bash scripting
- Proficient with OOP and Functional programming paradigms.
- Strong track record of being able to triage and debug issues uncovered in testing
- Familiarity with GNSS measurements, particularly from GPS and Galileo systems
- Experience with the requirements, design, implementation and unit test software development life cycle producing space or other safety-critical embedded software