About the job Qualitative Research Intern
Who is Zaka?
At Zaka, we aim to be an inclusive guide for organizations into Artificial Intelligence. We strongly believe in the power of AI and in enabling organizations to find the perfect AI fit for their needs. This field is growing at a fast pace, and we believe today is a great day to jump at the opportunity of getting your business started with this technology.
Our mission at Zaka is to give out extensive education for AI so we can develop this sector in the local community and abroad. We will use the information and education we amassed to consult big enterprises on how to implement AI properly to drive more revenue and success.
Zaka is currently preparing a 3-month Artificial Intelligence course for its AI Academy program. As a Qualitative Research Intern, you will be collecting data from companies to check their need in this field and contribute to designing a human-centered program curriculum. You will learn more about the curriculum development process from its early stages and collect companies’ data to report findings to the technical and education team.
We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented and ready to take on the human-centered design empathy phase.
Start Date: Immediate
Terms of Hire: 3 months or more
Responsibilities and duties
- Identify local companies that work in the field of data science/Machine Learning/etc. or looking to enter the field
- Establish contact with companies and pitch the Zaka AI Academy with a survey for data collection, opportunities for hiring and discussing deals, etc.
- Collect data and communicate with Education Lead and the team
- Adjust discussion guide to optimize our qualitative research
- Write emails, make phone calls, and meeting at head offices with company representatives
- Work on the human-centered design process that produces thoughtful and engaging product design
- Complete projects while ensuring that the ideas meet all company standards and receive final approval
- Experience required: 0 to 1 years
- Exposure to human-design thinking process (preferable)
- Proven understanding of technical fundamentals in Artificial Intelligence (preferable)
- Willingness to hone your design skills through qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to soundly discuss design decisions
- Understanding of user experience design principles and process
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as a solid team spirit and a positive mentality
- Ability to multitask, adapt, and learn in a fast-paced environment
We are looking for an individual who
- Is available to work for a duration of 3 months (with probability of extension)
- Has the drive to learn and self-improve
- Has good time management skills and ability to work with deadlines
- Is a great team player, but also able to work on projects autonomously
- Is intrigued about the field of Artificial Intelligence
- Is keen on sharing knowledge and getting things done
Why work with Zaka?
We are on a mission to build a vibrant AI ecosystem in the MENA region and placing the MENA on the global AI map! Being part of our team, you will access the following benefits:
- Gain expertise in Human-centered Design and Education
- Exposure to the domain of Artificial Intelligence
- Flexible working hours
- An environment of continuous learning
- Being part of an enthusiastic and hardworking team
- Relaxed and professional atmosphere
Note that this internship opportunity is not paid!