About the job Material Planner
The company provides sales, service, and technical support services for machine tool, construction equipment, lift trucks, skid steer loader, and mini-excavator companies in North America. It was founded in 1992 and is headquartered in Suwanee, GA.
Plan, schedule, and order materials in a timely manner while managing specific inventory levels in order to maximize availability and inventory turns while contributing to the supply chain program that will enhance quality, cost effectiveness, and maximize operating income.
- Maintain acceptable inventory levels.
- Develop, manage and execute the Material Planning function by managing inventory levels to achieve forecasted turn rates and schedule requirements.
- Create and maintain integrated processes among Operations, Sourcing, Manufacturing, Sales, Marketing Services and outside suppliers to implement the planning/replenishment process, while identifying procedures and tools needed to employ these systems.
- Schedule and implement part change notices (e.g. ECNs) while minimizing obsolescence
- Past due order management.
- Minimize expediting time and freight costs for inventory issues.
- Work closely with management and other key decision makers from all functional areas to ensure an uninterrupted supply of material to various locations.
- Relationship management.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships and rapport with suppliers to aid in the timely delivery of material to our warehouse and/or Dealers.
- Effectively work directly with individuals at all levels throughout the supplier's organizational chart, from entry level customer service employees to higher level managers and executives.
- Work with Accounts Payable on invoicing issues as applicable
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration (or equivalent)
- Mechanical and/or inventory control background preferred.
- 0>4 Years of related experiences
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, solid analytical/problem solving skills, and the ability to multi-task and follow through in a fast-paced environment.
- Capability to use Oracle, SAP, and other business systems.
- High degree of fluency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
- Medical - Health, dental, and vision