About the job Quality Engineer
The company manufactures and supplies auto parts. It offers gears, park brake levers, pedal assemblies, mirror systems, front end modules, and head and rear lamps, as well as provides exterior lighting installation services.
- Responsible for assuring the quality of the launch of new platform programs.
- The principle goals of this position are to prevent/eliminate defects, increase customer satisfaction and achieve cost savings through Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) techniques.
- Assure all products going to customer meets quality expectations of that customer, every time.
- Participate in all core team meetings as established by the APM.
- Analyze and champion customer concern resolutions and implement/follow-up on all corrective actions.
- Track the progress of newly launched platform programs and lead the effort in securing customer specific awards.
- Prepare or assist in the development of quality documents that include PPAP submissions, PCPs, FMEAs, flow charts, statistical studies, gage studies, etc. Ensure documents meet in-house quality system document requirements.
- Responsible for gage design & approval.
- Negotiate, establish, and evaluate KPC's and related statistical data (Cp, Cpk).
- Prepare and carry out presentations to the customer, as required.
- Evaluate the quality of the product in customers locations, as required.
- Coordinate the sorting and containment of faulty or suspicious finished product, as required.
- Proactively communicate potential quality problems to core team and all those involved.
- Negotiate and establish the acceptance criteria for cosmetic matters through boundary samples, specs, and quality standards.
- Create, manage, and execute validation plans in accordance with in-house, customer, and federal requirements.
- Create, manage, and execute control plans for all programs assigned to core team.
- Participate in design reviews and offer advice on the reliability of the design.
- Conduct MSA studies on all equipment.
- Participate in the creation of quality system documents.
- Evaluate and approve all engineering changes and process deviations.
- Support the assembly process(s) in the points related to quality.
- Assure follow-up to established quality procedures.
- Elaboration of quality metrics for managerial review, as required.
- Supervise and evaluate the activities of auditors, as required.
- Provide feedback to internal and external customers, as required.
- Receive, manage, and evaluate notifications of the results of the laboratory tests and dimensional validations.
- Comply with the procedures and instructions of the quality and environment standards (those applicable).
- Provide support and training to personnel under his/her charge, as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or equivalent experience and training.
- 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment, with a strong background in quality.
- Ability to read and understand Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Gage Design & Approval.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel to the customers and suppliers locations and other SL Facilities
- Familiar with ISO 9000 and QS 9000/IATF16949 requirements.
- Ability to develop and /or revise PPAP documentation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurrance
- Relocation Support