Projects Development Director
Projects Development Director
Our client is looking to hire a Projects Development Director who has 13-15 years of experience in Project Management field with minimum of 3 years in a similar position/ responsibilities, as follows:
Management and Administration
- Provide strategic leadership and technical, operational, financial, and managerial leadership for successful implementation of project activities.
- Ensure that the program is technically sound, evidence-based, and consistent with funder and stakeholders priorities.
- Provide oversight of program implementation including all activities, outputs, and outcomes related to project management and administration, including reporting, budget development and monitoring, financial transactions, execution of project plans, and project performance.
- Oversee the selection and training of qualified program staff, assigning clear roles and responsibilities, providing effective supervision, and managing performance to ensure efficient operations.
- Ensure the project produces the specified results in the annual workplan(s) to the required standard of quality and within the timeline and budget parameters.
- Oversee budget pipeline development and budget monitoring.
- Conduct monthly reviews to ensure accountability of all project activities as well as the accurate and timely reporting of financial deliverables and obligations.
- Ensure that the project progresses in accordance to its contractual obligations and complies with government regulations and internal organizational policies.
- Act as the primary project contact person and liaison, ensuring the project is represented in national technical, policy, and planning forums with organization and other key stakeholders.
- Coordinate organizational relationship related to monitoring and evaluation, providing support in facilitating technical collaboration and coordination activities with Governments, organization, partners, and stakeholders.
- Promote the project through advocacy, presentations, and participation in country, regional, and international technical forums.
- Support the Technical Director by advising on program management, organizational development, pre-service education, in-service training, capacity building, and collaboration among Government, partners, and stakeholders.
- Establish and manages a team with all the relevant disciplines and operational staff, including team building and counterpart identification within Ministries and partners.
- Develop a detailed implementation plan in line with the agreed scope and resources.
- Oversee development of a monitoring and evaluation plan for the successive phases of the project to capture project performance and results.
The candidate should be of the following technicalities and competencies:
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Math, Information Systems, Engineering, or any related field. Masters degree in Business Management is preferred.
- Experience managing, designing, implementing, and evaluating multi-million dollars, multi country projects.
- Technical expertise and/or program management skills
- Strong preference for candidates with expertise/experience in Educational/Training systems strengthening, integrated educational service delivery, and human capacity development among a wide array of educational professionals in developing countries and in complex cultural settings.
- Demonstrated diplomatic, management, and communication skills to liaise and advocate with governments, thought leaders, and other key stakeholders including other implementing agencies.
- Proven ability to write technical reports and program documents and deliver presentations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic and the ability to communicate cross-culturally.
- project management experience leading projects and programs of increasing size, scope, and complexity across various business areas.
- Related experience in process re-engineering, organizational development, and training.
Financial Transactions Organizational Development Oversight Program Management Service Delivery Arabic Accountability Information Systems Team Building Deliverables Reviews Participation R Government Business Management Presentations Regulations Economics Education Administration Accounting Finance Project Management Leadership Planning Engineering Communication Business English Training Management