About the job Road/Highway/Drainage Engineer (Senior) - VIRTUE TALENT
Reporting to the Director - Civil & Waterways, we are looking for an outgoing, team-oriented and technically experienced Senior Roads/Highways/Drainage Engineer to help build and grow our highways engineering capability.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to get in and help grow this discipline in the NSW market.
The successful applicant will be responsible for delivering highway and road projects with the support of other members of our transport team.
The role will involve technical engineering, project management and some business development.
Suitably experienced individuals will be provided with the opportunity to lead and manage engineering and technical staff on transport infrastructure projects.
We are seeking a qualified senior highways engineer with engineering qualifications recognised by Engineers Australia and eligible for MIEAust. Chartered status is highly desirable.
- Strong technical background in road design on state highway authority (RMS, TMR, Vicroads, MRWA, etc.) type projects with a broad knowledge of:
d.signs and line marking;
e.road safety barriers; and
f.utility service protection and relocation (desirable).
(Note: Doesn’t need to be a specialist in all of the above but needs to understand them).
- 10 years + experience, preferably at least 5 years of which has been in Australia.
- Preferably from a Tier 1 or 2 consultant or state road authority background.
- Good working knowledge of design standards and design management processes, RMS processes desirable, but not essential.
- Previous D&C or alliance type project experience would be considered favourably.
- Ability to work well in a small design team or join in a larger project team.
- Strong written reporting skills.
- Ability to build relationships with client project managers.
- Supports tenders and business development activities.