VIRTUE TALENT has partnered with several well-established, reputable, and high-performing consultancies across Sydney & NSW.
Reporting to the Director, Civil Engineerings, we are looking for an outgoing, team-oriented and technically experienced Senior Road/Highways/Drainage Engineer to help build, deliver and grow the Civil Engineering capability.
This is the opportunity for the right candidate to get in and help grow this discipline in the NSW market.
The successful applicant will be responsible for delivering highway and road projects with the support of other transport team members.
The role will involve technical engineering, project management and some business development.
Suitably experienced individuals will be provided with the opportunity to lead and manage engineering and technical staff on transport infrastructure projects.
We seek a qualified senior highways engineer with engineering qualifications recognised by Engineers Australia and eligible for MIEAust. Chartered status is highly desirable.
- Strong technical background in road design on state highway authority (RMS, TMR, Vicroads, MRWA etc.) type projects with a broad knowledge of:
d.signs and line marking;
e.road safety barriers; and
f.utility service protection and relocation (desirable).
(Note: You need to be a specialist in all of the above but needs to understand them).
- 10 years + experience, preferably at least 5 years of which has been in Australia.
- Preferably from a Tier 1 or 2 consultant or state road authority background.
- Good working knowledge of design standards and design management processes, RMS processes desirable but not essential.
- Previous D&C or alliance type project experience would be considered favourably.
- Ability to work well in a small design team or join a larger project team.
- Strong written reporting skills.
- Ability to build relationships with client project managers.
- Supports tenders and business development activities.
We have been working with two consultancies for many years, all of which boast high staff retention rates. A collaborative one-team culture backed by a strong pipeline of work continues to see them thrive despite the global pandemic.
A generous remuneration package commensurate with experience is on offer for the right candidates,
Follow us on LinkedIn for future job and industry news: https://www.linkedin.com/company/virtue-talent/.
Remuneration ARe Relocation Road Development Support Protection LinkedIn Project Managers Civil Engineering Engineers Infrastructure C Business Development Project Management Engineering Design Business Management