About the job STATE MANAGER - Rail Systems Safety & Assurance / Safety Assurance Manager
Virtue Talent partners with Contractors, Consultancies, EPCM's, PMC's, SME's and Government Agencies to recruit talented engineers and construction professionals to deliver these city-shaping Iconic projects.
We are selective about whom we work with. Subsequently, we partner with organisations that display high employee retention rates, provide clear and well-defined position descriptions, and readily describe their companies' visions, values and culture.
Are you passionate about innovative systems engineering? Can you solve clients complex problems and utilise systems thinking to overcome obstacles and boundaries? Do you enjoy leading a young, energetic and thriving team in the state-of-the-art office in the central CBD?
This well-established national systems engineering advisory firm has a solid reputation for innovation and solving complex problems by challenging the status quo.
Subsequently, the business has been recognised for its capabilities and approach to systems thinking and grown exponentially!
This is a new role of State Manager, Systems Safety and Assurance, leading a smart and capable team of 20+ engineers of varying levels.
- Relevant engineering degree in Mechatronics, Electronics, Computer Engineer or similar
- Well networked and known for your capabilities locally in NSW
- A smart 'systems thinker' leveraging from new ideas and technologies and challenge the status quo
- A pragmatic leader, mentor and coach to the team
- A go-getter with the eagerness to win new work by leveraging your contacts in Government Authorities and/or Contractors on key rail infrastructure projects.
- Be accountable and manage the NSW P&L budget
- Available to travel interstate monthly
- Be a key member of the SLT Team reporting to the Transport Director and CEO
- Forge strong relationships with the interstate rail leaders as well as other engineering disciplines within systems engineering
- Strong familiarity and knowledge of NSW Rail standards and Codes, as well as other relevant international standards and codes relating to Rail Systems & Infrastructure
- Previous experience working in a consulting or advisory role
This role has the opportunity for clear progression in becoming the National Rail Systems Safety and Assurance Manager for three interstate offices (if desired) within 6-12 months.
Award-winning innovative engineering practice offering stability, flexible hours/working conditions, team collaboration, investment in your career, interesting projects and realistic remuneration packages.
We believe we work with some extremely level-headed and flexible businesses that have been proven to value and invest in their employees future. We genuinely place for the long-term, with the T's and C's being the best outcome for everyone involved. The market is currently very buoyant, and we see some very favourable remuneration packages for talent in demand.
Transparency, confidentiality, respect and a mutually beneficial outcome is the objective with all of our placements.
All applications are strictly confidential: your personal information will not be distributed without prior consultation and consent. Every applicant will receive a response from Virtue Talent.
We partner with you as much as we partner with our clients - we are facilitators, assisting and advising you where we can every step of the way.
Please read some of our many reviews on LinkedIn and our website links below.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, applications are only open to those with Australian Citizenship or Permanent residency who are onshore at the time of the application.
https://www.virtuetalent.com/ | https://www.careers-page.com/virtue-talent https://www.linkedin.com/company/virtue-talent https://www.linkedin.com/in/virtue-talent/
Follow Virtue Talent & My Engineering Jobs for National career & jobupdates:
Virtue Talent partners with equal opportunity employers who value diversity and inclusion.